Monday, April 29, 2013

The Birthday I Silently Celebrate for Me

Today is my little girl's sixth birthday.  Every year I look back and reflect on her birth.  I'm sure this isn't uncommon for most mothers, but for me, it is a special day that I celebrate just for me in my own way.  For this is the day I felt I became a successful mother, even though she is my second child.
 
I don't think I can put it into any better words than what I wrote three years ago on her third birthday.  I just reread it again today and once again, it brought tears to my eyes.  I like to remember.  It brings back so many good memories and emotions.
 
If you are wondering what I am talking about, take a minute and click here to read my words.  It changed my life and maybe it will yours.
 
Smiles,
 
Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. Your letter is beautiful. I wish I had had a clue about post-partum depression before I started having kids. No one ever tells you that you might not feel that instant in-love bond with your newborn. I thought something was wrong with me. Thank you for being brave to talk about it and share your experience so that others don't have to feel so alone.

    ReplyDelete

We love 'em, so leave 'em!