Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Simple Things in Live

I've been sewing, sewing, sewing.  In fact, I've been sewing so much I haven't even had time to take pictures.  I have even sewed a few of the projects we will be doing at the next Plumtickled Create.  I had fun, but there are a few changes I would make.  As a matter of fact, I already remade one of the projects with my adjustments.  After my monkey girl's birthday is over, I'll be back online with pictures.
 
For now, I wanted to share a moment in life that I witnessed last week.  I started taking one of the neighborhood kids to scouts with my son.  On the way home, my son asked this young boy if he had played Pirates 101 before.  This is a family favorite computer game.  We all get on and play together.
 
This young boy's response was, "No.  Have you ever played a lot of board games?  What about puzzles?  I love puzzles.  I'm really good at chain link puzzles."
 
I honestly think this boy does not play video games . . .  and that is awesome!  I love how simple his life is.  It's how my life was when I was a child.  Back to simpler times.
 
Then the conversation went something like this:
 
My son: "Do they really have slaughter houses on farms?"
 
Other boy: "I don't know about that, but I use to live on a farm."
 
My son: "How do they kill the animals?"
 
Other boy: "With an axe or shotgun."
 
Well, that was a turn in conversation!
 
Hope you have a great day and enjoy the simple things in life.
 
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!