Monday, April 19, 2010

My Spotlight Monday

I'm extremely honored to be able to spotlight so many talented women on our My Spotlight Mondays. 
They are the starlets of crafting and sewing in Bloggywood.

I often feel my spotlights could never do them justice.  Especially today's spotlight. 
But I'll let you know what I love about her and her blog and then you can spend hours gazing at all her pretty things just like I do!

For today's My Monday Spotlight . . .

I love that she is addicted to crafting, I love the super smiley picture of her on her blog.  And I love all of her creative zipper creations.  I am now addicted to zippers.

Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous is simply amazzzing.  She brings her own style into everything she makes and I look forward to each new post on her blog - serious eye candy.

And not only does she share tutorials for the things she makes, but also for how she beautifies her blog.  Super nice!

Here are some of my favs she has created:

I LOVE ballet flats and immediately had a crush on these.

Check out this zipper bling!

Some embellishments from a soda bottle.  Yep, you read right!

Belt into napkin rings.  Love the look!

No Sew Felt Flowers.  Bright, beautiful and easy to make.  And you know we love no sew!

And this shirt is too scrumptious.  Notice the zipper flower?

I could put up a thousands pictures of items Linda has made, but I won't.  This spotlight just barely touched on a few of her awesome things, so be sure to spend hours looking at the rest.  It'll be a good excuse to NOT clean those bathrooms. :)

If you see something you can't live without, check out her shop, The Tattered Flower

Here's a little more to get to know Linda better.  She is so funny!

1. When did you first start sewing and why?


I started sewing when I was 8 when my mom enrolled me in a 4-H sewing club. I made a cute little shirt and jumper combo. (yes, 80's style it was gReAt!) I later took several sewing classes in middle school. Then in high school, I started making quilts and sewing outfits to show my quarter horse in. When I graduated high school, I was given a sewing machine for a graduation present. I was outwardly disappointed because it was boring compared to the cruises my friends got, but I deep down I was really excited about it but didn't tell my parents. Now I think it's one of the best gifts I ever got!

2. Do you have one thing that inspires you?

Life! I am always inspired by things I around me, like a design, pattern, or shape. Sometimes a color inspires me. I like to find an element that is attractive/unique and then incorporate that into my projects.

3. When you are not sewing, what do you do?

If I'm not sewing or crafting {which I do a lot of!} I love spending time with my hubby and 15 month old, running, playing tennis, and cleaning my house.... I actually enjoy organizing and cleaning. I'm weird, I know :)

4. Which fellow blogger would you meet in person if you had a chance?

A couple bloggers and I are actually planning a little "Meet and Greet" on May 1 here in Virginia. We're getting a group of local bloggers and readers together for lunch, good conversation, and shopping.

Besides from that, I'd love to meet Kim from Today's Creative Blog. She cracks me up!

6. And anything else you want to add!

I hate sewing with a pattern. Hate. It. I like to free hand or just design as I go. The whole pinning and cutting along the dotted line kills me.

***
 
I hate sewing from a pattern too.  Just ask my mom who has tried numerous time to teach me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!