I have never done a refashion. As a matter of fact, my clothing making skills consist of sewing one toddler skirt. But I still took on the task, so if I did anything completely wrong, please don't judge.
This beauty used to be a diaper stacker.
I forgot to take any before pictures, but here is the process.
I pulled out my seam ripper and took the bottom out of the diaper stacker.
Here is what it looked like after that first step. I was lucky the top was already sewn.
The sides needed to be taken in, so I cinched them to the desired tightness and put a pin in.
I flipped it wrong side out, smoothed out the fabric and pinned the sides.
Then I sewed a straight line down both sides making new side seams.
From the excess fabric I seam ripped from the bottom and cut from the newly seamed sides, I made a ruffle by sewing them all together and then completed it with one long basting stitch.
Then I attached it to the dress and began sewing.
One obsolete diaper stacker turned dress.
I love this new little dress!