Friday, May 21, 2010

Messenger Bag for the Library

Each week we go to the library so my 5 year old can read to Sherman.
Sherman is a dog.

Last week, I promised my son I'd make him a library bag for next time.
Well, yesterday morning (library day), I had yet to make the bag.

I found a super, easy messenger bag tutorial on Diary of a Quilter's blog

and

whipped one up.


Complete with an added pocket.
(Don't look to close at my sewing skills.  Which poses a question.  When do you backstitch?)


Throw in a book . . .


And we are ready to go!
(I couldn't get this kid to NOT do some sort of silly pose.  So, this is him AND his personality.)


Next time, I have plans to make the strap a little longer.
But he loves it, and sometimes that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. The bag is perfect and I adore your son and his cute personality.

    ReplyDelete

We love 'em, so leave 'em!