Sewing for a theater production has turned out to be quite a bit different then I expected. There's no need for little detail embellishments because no one will see them and you really have to think about what it will look like from the audience.
You may not be interested, but I'm still going to post pictures of the finished products with musings of the process.
The costume designer wanted the apron to be blue. I already had the perfect fabric in my stash, but I had to come up with a design. So, after consulting with Eva, I was ready to get to work.
In my mind, Cinderella's apron needed to look worn. At the same time, it should seem like she took care of the apron the best she could. So, I added a few patches for the worn look and a pocket outlined with cream and topped with a ruffle for the "I try to make it look pretty" look.
I didn't hem the bottom in hopes that it would fray, but when it didn't, I had to take scissors and cut a tear. That was really hard to do. Even while sewing, I didn't catch some material in the pocket hem to give it a tattered look. It was almost unbearable for the perfectionist in me to not go back and fix everything, but I think it turned out great for its purpose.
Cinderella in her dressing room.