Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ruffle Slip

After a three week separation from my laptop due to my power cord dying, I am finally back.  I cannot believe how much I relied on my laptop for so many things.
 
We had the Utah Plumbtickled Create a few weeks ago.  I do love the ruffled look and how it turned out.  I bought a full length black slip and two yards of some soft mesh material my friend told me about.  It was at Walmart for a whopping $2 a yard.  I cut the mesh into 4" wide strips and then ran a basting stitch down the top.  Lucky me, the basting stitch ruffled the fabric for me, so all I had to do was sew it onto the slip.
 
Between the ruffles and the slickness of the slip, I had to unpick three times, but I finally finished it a few days later.  I ended up running the ruffle up to the next row when I came all the way around so I didn't have to figure out how much material to use on one row.  The great thing is, you can't even tell.  I love how it turned out!

Smiles,
Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!