Sunday, May 19, 2013

As You Wish

A very talented sister in my ward has a craft day once a month and this month I was able to participate.  Kind of.  For those who want to make the craft, but can't make it, she puts together a kit.  See?  She's pretty wonderful, huh?
 
I chose to do a slat sign with the wording, "As You Wish" on it.  The Princess Bride is my all time favorite movie and recently we introduced this classic to our children.  It was perfect timing to  hang a sign with this saying in our house.  When we put it up, I asked what it meant and my son smiled and said, "I love you."
 
I asked my husband to hang it over the coat rack where the kiddos put their backpacks, coats, church bags and all sorts of things.  I want them to see that sign when they leave the house and know that I love them. 
 

 
It was super easy and even more fun to make.  I haven't done painting in awhile and now I want to paint everything!  The sign actually has 3 different coats of paint: medium blue, white and then black.
 
The Steps
 
1. Paint everything medium blue
2. After that has dried, paint everything white.
3. After that has dried, place the vinyl lettering on the board.
4. Paint everything black.
5. When the paint is almost dry, pull the vinyl lettering off.
6. When the paint is completely dry, sand the board lightly all over and more in spots where you want the color to show through underneath.
 
I LOVE the sign and it makes me very happy.  I am also looking forward to next month's craft and already have a few planned of my own. :)
 
Smiles,
 
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!