Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Spotlight

Welcome back for our second Sunday Spotlight!

We’ve added a new feature we think you will like- an interview! It’s always fun to get to know the person behind the blog. And if you are one of those people that would rather skip all the wordiness, please feel free to scroll to the end for the photos.

If you are interested in being spotlighted (or would like to recommend anyone else), please email us at sewittome@gmail.com.

*********************************************************************

I am thrilled to spotlight today’s person. Amy from Our Daily Obsessions.  She happens to be one of my most favorite people in the world (and I'm not just typing that Amy). I couldn't even begin to proceed before giving a little history.

The day I really got to know Amy was the day my second child was born. Why? Because she happened to be our nurse! I immediately liked her; and not just because she was taking care of me and my little one. She always has a smile on her face and is genuinely caring and nice. She’s a beautiful person inside and out.

Of course we started hanging out (she has since moved *sniff*) and then she started blogging her obsessions. Wow. She is super creative, talented and has one great mind.

Written Interview

1. When did you first start sewing and why?

My mother taught me how to sew when I was around 10 years old. For a project in 8th grade I had made a dress for my little sister and I think that's when I fell in love.

2. Name two sewing blogs you frequent.

A few of my favorites are My Mama Made It and Lil Blue Boo. Love them!

3. Do you have one thing that inspires you?

My rambunctious little 2 year old daughter inspires me. I had taken a very long sewing break (10 years almost), but it was when she was born that I really started picking it up again. I love dressing her in clothing that I've created.

4. When you are not sewing, what do you do?

When I'm not sewing I'm busy being a wife to a law school student, mother to my little girl, part time nurse doing plasmapheresis (say that three times fast!), busy decorating our new home, baking, photography, spray painting, upcycling, reading, crafting, spending time with family when in town, and can I just say that I'm loving my Disneyland annual pass? That's me in a nutshell!

5. What really grosses you out?

I'm a nurse and can deal with blood, guts, and urine, but vomit really grosses me out. (Is that too graphic? Ewwww.)

6. Anything else you want to add?

A big thanks to Sew It To Me for allowing me to be a Sunday Spotlight. I'm loving this blog already! I'd just started my blog in November but am hoping to add a few more sewing tutorials soon, so check back often!

*********************************************************

On to the pictures!

I have learned all about resizing, upcycling and so many other things from Amy.

How cute is this little dress?  And . . .  it was made from kitchen drapes!

 
And this one made from scraps from two other clothing items.  I love how she pieced them together!
 

This dress she upcycled from a women's $3 shirt.  Adorable!  And so is the little girl!
 
 
Amy also has some great tutorials, like for these pajama bottoms she resized from adult.  Cozy and cute.
 
 
(That shirt looks familiar Amy.)
 
And my all time favorite!  Where can I get this dress in my size?!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed getting know Amy.
 
I know I learned a few new things (vomit, really?).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!