Monday, May 10, 2010

My Spotlight Monday

I love Mondays.  Each Monday I get to learn more about another talented person from the blogging/internet world and it is so much fun.  This week's key word is celebrate!  Here are a few of my favorite projects our Spotlight of the week has shared

This cute Superhero tote-great for any superhero in your life!

This is an adorable take on a taggie.  I love the layers!

Our My Spotlight Monday this week is....

Her site is heaven for a purse hoarder like me (I have a tote bag from my sister-in-law that says that exact phrase).  She has so many cute ideas on purses and sells her own patterns on Etsy too.  Don't worry there are many more great projects besides totes and purses.

This site is a must add to any sewing fan's reader and blogroll.  You won't be bored I promise!

Here is a little more about the amazing LeAnne:

 1.  When did you first start sewing and why?

My mom taught me how to sew when I was young. I learned all the basics a mom tries to teach you when you are little. Then in college I took a children's sewing class, which I loved. However, it wasn't until I took a quilting class about five years ago that I realized this was the hobby for me. I've been sewing since then and I can't get enough.

2.  Name two sewing blogs you frequent.

Like so many, I adore Homemade by Jill and MADE. They both are so talented! I also love their individual styles. 
When I get a quilting itch, I head over to Simplify. I wish I could have all of her quilts in my home. They are beautiful.

3.  Do you have one thing that inspires you?

Lots of things inspire me. But one thing that gets me is just seeing a pile of fabric. I dunno what it is. I just love looking at a pile of colorful fabrics. Or a precut from Moda. Or a blank notebook waiting to be filled with ideas. 
That was more than one. :) See I said lots of things inspire me. 

4.  When you are not sewing, what do you do?

Nothing beats being with my family. Nothing.

5.  What is your favorite holiday or event to celebrate?

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday to celebrate. I love everything about Christmas: the colors, smells, music, food ... everything. I also love to find little things to celebrate, the first day of school, the last day of a long week ... for me it is finding those little things to celebrate that make life so wonderful. 
6. Anything else you would like to share with our readers?
I love that sewing is 'in style'. It is great to see so many sharing and trying their sewing creations. I get caught up sometimes in what other people are doing that I have to remember to just get out there and create something I love!

Here are a few of LeAnne's favorite projects that she has published on Everyday Celebrations

Colors Fabric Book (I love this book and can't wait to make one myself!)





Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!