Saturday, April 13, 2013

Utah's April/May Plumbtickled Create

**Updated**

Time is just flying by!  But today I have sewing on my mind.  I was at Walmart and they must have just gotten in a new shipment of fabric.  So many cute prints!  Thankfully I only walked out of there spending a total of $17.  But I am all set to sew for the next Utah Plumbtickled Create scheduled for May 4th.
 
Here is what we will be sewing this time.  Kind of an accessory theme.  I was going to title it "Accessorize April", but alas, the first Saturday that works for everyone is in May.
 
Sewing Project #1
 
It's still a little chilly here in Utah, but not cold enough for those winter scarves.  Dana from Made has the perfect solution- a summer scarf!  Brilliant.  I already had the chance to sew one and it is super cute.  It was my first time using elastic thread.  I didn't even know it existed!
 
 
What You'll Need:
 
  • 1/2 yard of fabric (light-weight cotton, sear sucker, knit or linen)
  • elastic thread, but not necessary
Sewing Project #2
 
If you've been looking for a wallet that can hold everything, then this project is for you - The Have It All Wallet from Straight Stitch Society.  I am almost in serious need for a new wallet.  I'm pretty sure mine is going to break any day.  I can hardly wait to do this one because of how adorable it is and I will be sewing my very first zipper!
 
 
What You'll Need:
 
44/45"-wide quilting cotton, linen, or other lightweight woven fabrics:
  • 1/2 yd or 1 fat quarter fabric A (outside of wallet)
  • 1/2 yd fabric B (interior pockets)
  • 5" x 5" scrap fabric C (bow, View 1)
  •  
  • 1/2 yd of 20"-wide lightweight, non-woven fusible interfacing
  • 7" x 13" extra firm woven sew-in interfacing
  • One coordinating regular (coil) zipper 7" long or longer (provided)
  • Coordinating thread
  • One sew-in or set-in snap (approximately 7/16" diameter — size 3 sew-in or size 16 set-in) (provided)
 Sewing Project #3
 
I can never resist a new purse or tote.  There are so many uses for them!  This tote rolls up and can fit nicely inside of your everyday purse.  Then you can pull it out for library books, groceries, church or any other outing.  The Fold Up Tote has a full tutorial by Zaaberry.
 
 
 
What You'll Need:
  • main body of the bag: 2 fabric pieces 15 x 10 inches
  • contrasting top of bag: 2 fabric pieces 15 x 6 inches
  • handles: 2 fabric pieces 4 x 16 inches
  • 6 inches of thin elastic
  • 1 button
****
 
I hope this inspires some of you to dust off ye ole sewing machine and get sewing.  If you sew any of the projects, please send pictures!  And I'll be posting our finished products after we have our Plumbtickled Create Day. 
 
 
Smiles,
Vanessa

(Pictures are originals from bloggers' sites.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love 'em, so leave 'em!