Friday, April 2, 2010

Fabric Creations Friday

What I find amazing about fabric is that a simple piece can be made into anything.  It doesn't matter the size, shape or it if is being reused.  I loved seeing the creative uses for fabrics from the many sewing bloggers on the internet.  Here are just a few to get your imagination and creative juices flowing. 

A square is just a square right?  Sachiko from Tea Rose Home shows you how this:
can become this at her tutorial:

The size of a project can be small as in the flowers above but fabric can be used to make the funnest toys for kids as well.  Shannon from Shannon Makes Stuff shows exactly that.  Fabric in all shapes, sizes, colors and uses create a perfect Felt Playhouse.

All these years I have been getting rid of sweaters when we outgrow them or they become pilled with age. Kris from Resweater does the opposite and her creativity astounds me.  Here is just one of the many amazing items she has created from reusing/recycling wool fabric.

Last, there are ALWAYS uses for you scrap fabric pieces.  Cynthia from Confessions of a Sewing Dork has this cute idea made from her scrap fabrics.  Whats started out as scraps
became these cute bibs!


These are just a few of the many great ideas of how to create something amazing from something that is truly very simple. If you have a creative use of fabric leave a comment with your link and we will be sure to post it!

I have been sewing up a storm to finish off my projects so I can start on the baby bedding and other projects inspired by the talented sewers I have met online!  Pictures are coming, even of my no-sew art piece made with fabric and buttons :)

Have a wonderful Easter Weekend and thanks for reading and supporting us!

1 comment:

We love 'em, so leave 'em!