Saturday, February 5, 2011

Long and Lost

I'm not so sure anyone will even notice if I've made it back to the blog world.  It has been so very long!

If you are reading this . . . HI!!

Yes, it has been a long time and yes, Eva and I have been lost in our lives trying to adjust to children and being working moms.  It is not an easy thing and a lot of the time you want to take for yourself to do things like sew, just never happens.

But sometimes it does happen!  And that is why I am finally doing a post. 

Believe it or not, I have not sewn in over six months.  I even put away my sewing machine because it was just taking up space and not being used.  Perhaps it would be a different story if I had a craft room, but it was chilling in my front room.  It was a sad day. 

But I decided the other day to rearrange my bedroom so I can squeeze it in there.  My husband spends a lot of time on the computer and I can only watch so much TV, so getting out the sewing machine was my solution!  It has been a good solution because I finally started my first quilt that I began oh, almost a year ago or so. 

However it has evolved from a toddler quilt to a quilted duvet cover.  Now, I don't even know if there is such a thing, but I am making one.  Hopefully it turns out.  I alread have five rows done and love it.  The sewing part seems to be the easy part.  Laying it out took three hours! 

I can hardly wait to see the finished product.  And I promise I will post a picture when it is finished.  And then I'll need to find another project to work on.  I may not be able to sew something start to finish in a day now, but I can work on it over time. 

Patience. :)  I'm always learning about it.

1 comment:

We love 'em, so leave 'em!